COVID-19: Accelerating a better energy future for all
The COVID-crisis situation is a potential gamechanger. The pandemic has already dramatically influenced the balance of supply and demand in energy markets and highlighted an increasing focus on new digital operating models as well as immediate improvement in urban air quality. To help energy organizations prepare for what comes next, the World Energy Council is convening its global community to facilitate a deeper exchange of energy systems expertise and has identified a set of post-crisis scenarios.
Minister of Energy of the Russian Federation
Secretary General and CEO, World Energy Council
Chairman of the Management Board and Director General, Rosseti
Managing Director and Global Head of Commodity Strategy, Global Research, RBC Capital Markets
Member of the Management Board, E.ON; CEO, Innogy; Chair of the Studies Committee, World Energy Council
Deputy Director, TV Channel "Rossiya"; President, Global Energy Association
- What might the post-crisis ‘new normal’ look like?
- How will the energy industry adapt?
- Can the global energy transition be kept on track?
- What are the expectations on the COVID crisis legacy and climate change policies impact?
- How strongly will the pandemic and isolation affect international collaboration, value chains and global trade?
- Will funding of energy transition, e.g. renewable energy, clean hydrogen and other programmes continue in the face of uncertainty?
- How to strengthen the whole system resilience considering the risks of recurrence of such pandemics in the future?